Friday, June 13, 2008

SPOKEN from the other side of the "fence"


Today is a good day! I feel as if I have been able reach out and connect my thoughts and concerns with my future Husband(of course not without the help of you wonderful Sisters!!!!).

For the 1st time in a really long time I am seeing his concern as per the topics that I have been addressing over and over and..(well you get my drift) and AT LAST it is working and he is working towards removing this cloud from over my head and I am so happy that I could do a cartwheel in my livingroom(if I only knew how *mental note*).

I picked up the phone today and called 2 of my Grandmothers who happen to be CW's to one another and just basically was speaking with them briefly about my own soon-to-be CW marriage and was in need of some experienced advice as I grew up seeing them married to my Grandfather and although it wasn't always about smiles and sunshine.... overall they MADE it work as it's been almost 50 years of marriage(with the exception of one of my Grandmothers who left the marriage almost 10 years ago!

None the less they mentioned to me for me and my soon-to-be Husband to ALWAYS be open and as honest as possible with one another..one of my Grandmothers loves to quote:
"what is done in the dark, will always come to light", basically meaning that if you are in the midst of hiding something, it is only a matter of time before it is known to others and most importantly the one to whom you love. Well this is something that I also believe which is why I am bursting at the seams in anticipation to e-mail his Wife to let know her know my thoughts and of course to hear of hers...JUST TO GIVE SOME ADDITIONAL 411, we will be going for our license shortly(which is the practice of many Mosques/Masjids where I reside vs. just getting the ceremony preformed, not totally sure how I feel about this but as it stands..I'm kinda ok with it).

  • Honesty
  • Communication
  • Support
  • Realism
  • Trying to leave as much as my naturally rooted hair in place to avoid a hair transplant
- Just was going over my daily checklist(Sigh)...

No comments: